Voter Resource Center
Text SEEK and your address to 83224 to find your polling place!
You have a lot at stake in this election. Many issues like employment, education, and health care will have a real impact in your life and the lives of people you care about.These are issues that affect all of us! Whether it’s you personally or a family member, friend, neighbor, grandparent, parent, or child who has a disability; together we will make sure important programs are preserved. But whatever your issue, whoever your candidate; your vote is important.
Join us and the AAPD community by VOTING EARLY. Your strongest civic tool is your vote and early voting is the best way to ensure your vote is counted. Don’t wait until the last minute on November 6th, VOTE NOW! In many states, early voting has already begun.
Use these resources to make sure your voice is heard:
Early Voting Alternatives
|In the event that you are denied a ballot by a poll worker, the Help America Vote Act (2002) guarantees you the right to request a provisional ballot. Provisional ballots are identical to the general election ballot, and they are counted after the voter’s eligibility is verified.|
- ADA Checklist for Polling Places: Handy tips on how to make your polling place is accessible.
Is your vote being suppressed? Click here to learn how to protect your vote OR call 1-866-OUR-VOTE for help
- National Council on Disability wants to hear about YOUR voting experiences! Take the new Questionnaire or download it here.
Laws and Requirements
Secretaries of State are charged with administering the Help America Vote Act of 2002. If you have any questions or concerns regarding voting rights, procedures, and accessibility, contact your Secretary of State’s office and ask for their Election Division.
- Secretaries of State Roster 2012 (make sure you have your Sec. of State’s number on hand when you go to vote)
Find A Polling Place:
- Comcast and NBCUniversal Help Launch Disability Equality Index
AAPD Press Team |
- AAPD Presents AT&T with Corporate Leadership Award
AAPD Press Team |