Learn More About the Candidate…
Co-sponsor on Disability Related Bills
Disability Integration Act
Disability Rights Action
Senator Sanders' immigration plan: https://berniesanders.com/
- Finish what the courts started and rescind President Trump’s so-called “public charge” rule to ensure our system does not discriminate on the basis of income or disability and that immigrants do not have to fear endangering their immigration status in order to access basic supports and services.
- Pass a permanent repeal of the public charge statute, so we do not penalize immigrants who at some point may need to access support programs such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Pass the Embrace Act introduced by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to ensure immigrants get the assistance they need.
- Direct the newly created National Office of Disability Coordination to work with agencies to ensure the immigration and citizenship process is fully accessible to people with disabilities.
- This includes streamlining our visa and citizenship system and making it easier to navigate, fully accessible, and broadly inclusive.
- Ensure customs and immigration agencies make reasonable accommodations and, where necessary, disability waivers for the English and civics test broadly available and publicized for people with disabilities to access.
Public Statements On Disability
Every person with a disability deserves the right to a good job that pays a living wage. Together, we will end the sub-minimum wage for workers with disabilities and guarantee these rights for all. https://t.co/XmeKsQLdQc
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) July 3, 2019
No person with a disability should be forced into a nursing home, especially to pad the profits of their insurance company. It's time to end a system that lets insurers make money by denying care to people with disabilities. https://t.co/70acpjCRZa
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) July 5, 2019