AAPD Alumni Network Virtual Talent Show
Calling All Disabled Talent!
The Alumni Network Ambassadors Council is excited to announce our plans to host our first alumni talent show event! The event is scheduled for this fall 2021 and we are starting the recruiting process for alumni interested in becoming a contestant in the show. So, if you can sing, dance, teach a life hack or have another entertaining or informative skill to share with your peers, then this event is right for you!
- Date: Tentatively for late fall 2021
- Time: TBD
- Location: Zoom Platform
- This virtual event will be a hybrid of pre-recorded performances and live interaction during the show.
Prizes for Contestants
- All solo performers will receive a $75 gift card for their participation in the talent show
- A member of a group act (a group can have a maximum of 3 performers) will be given a $40 gift card for their participation
- The audience will vote for their favorite act of the night and the solo performer with the most votes will receive a grand prize of a $150 gift card
- If a group act wins the most votes, then each participant will receive a $75 gift card
Who Can Be A Contestant
Any AAPD program graduate to include graduates from:
- Disability Story Tellers Project
- Fannie Lou Hamer Program
- In-house Internship Program
- Paul G. Hearne Awardees
- Summer Internship Program
Current 2020 & 2021 interns are also welcomed to join in the fun!
Who Will Be In The Audience
This is a space for alumni to demonstrate their talents and skills in a safe, disability-centered, and fun setting! It is a private event open to AAPD alumni, current AAPD program participants, AAPD funders of the Alumni Network, and AAPD staff. Please keep the audience in mind when submitting your entry for this contest.
Event Rules For Contestants
- Each contestant will have a maximum of five minutes to perform their act
- We will show each act via video recording on the day of the event. We will make considerations for live performances for those who may want to do stand-up comedy or another act that requires live interaction
- If you believe your act should be considered as a live performance, please note this on the registration form for consideration by the review committee.
- Solo and group acts are welcomed to register for the event!
– A group should consist of no more than three members
- Each video submission must include an image description explaining key visual details to help low vision/blind people follow your act
– Additional instructions (to include how to write an image description) will be sent to confirmed participants. If contestants have questions about the process, they may contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmed participants must submit their video via Dropbox by the submission deadline which will be announced at a later time. Once the video is received, AAPD will ensure that all acts have closed captions and audio descriptions embedded in the final videos
How to Register As A Prospective Contestant
The application has been extended and will close at 3 PM ET on Monday, September 6, 2021.
If interested in being a contestant, please indicate your interest by completing the form below!
Link to register as a prospective contestant
Once the registration form closes, the talent show committee will review all act descriptions. Confirmed contestants will be notified as a participant and will be sent additional instructions on how to submit your videos.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing from you soon!