COVID-19 and the Disability Vote
This policy report from the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) explores the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on voting accessibility and provides key policy recommendations to ensure that voters with disabilities have full access to our democracy in 2020 and beyond. These recommendations include:
State & County Election Offices:
- Make sure all voters can register to vote and cast a ballot remotely.
- Allow voters with disabilities to receive and mark their ballot digitally.
- Make in-person voting safe and accessible with early voting, curbside voting, and more.
- Educate voters on voting rights, options, and safety in multiple and accessible formats.
- Ensure voters in congregate settings can register to vote and cast their ballot.
- Explore, innovate, and test electronic voting methods.
- Ensure states have the funding needed to make voting safe and accessible this election.
- Pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2020 for equitable elections.
- Restore the United States Postal Service’s capacity to deliver election mail on time.
View the Press Release and Press Toolkit.