REV UP Intern
The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and its REV UP Voting Campaign welcomes you to apply to our remote REV UP Internship! Our office is located in downtown Washington, D.C., though we are working remotely at the moment.
As a REV UP intern, you will have the opportunity to work with the REV UP Voting Campaign staff on issues of voting access and voting rights within the disability community. The REV UP Intern will support REV UP in the following ways:
- Supporting our 2023 get out the vote campaign for local and state elections
- Keeping track of key election dates and other election information
- Creating toolkits and other resources around voting
- Creating educational and motivational content related to voting and elections
- Supporting virtual events with the REV UP network of organizers
- Meeting regularly with the REV UP team
The REV UP intern will be able to build skills in communications, event planning, voting outreach, coalition building, and more. The REV UP intern will report to the Civic Engagement Manager and will work closely with other members of AAPD’s internal leadership, disability rights advocates, and partner organizations to build the power of the disability vote with the REV UP Voting Campaign.
We are looking for interns that are passionate about advocacy work and disability rights issues, particularly voting rights and access.
Key skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with social media sites, mainly Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Good customer service skills
- Experience writing and editing with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Comfort with managing data in Excel or Google Sheets
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with Zoom webinars and Zoom meetings
- Experience with Canva & designing graphics
The internship work schedule is flexible and requires interns to commit to a 15-20 hour per week commitment. Interns may either receive payment or academic credit for their work with AAPD. If paid, interns will earn $18.00 per hour. If earning academic credit, AAPD will work with you and your educational institution to apply this towards your academic requirements.
Interested applicants will need to submit a resume, and two references with this application form by February 27 at 5pm EST. The remote internship can begin as early as April 2023 and conclude at the end of the summer. For questions about this internship, please contact AAPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About AAPD & REV UP:
The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is a national, cross-disability rights non-profit organization. We promote equal opportunity, economic power, independent living, and political participation for people with disabilities. Our members, including people with disabilities and our family, friends, and supporters, represent a powerful force for change.
REV UP stands for “Register! Educate! Vote! Use your Power!” The REV UP Voting Campaign’s mission is to foster civic engagement and protect the voting rights of Americans with disabilities. REV UP focuses on building the power of the disability vote across the country.
The REV UP network is made of both grassroots and national organizers that work to advance the Disability Vote. REV UP is a nonpartisan campaign, meaning that we do not support specific candidates or political parties.
Plain Word Text: Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for the REV UP Internship. Please fill out the information below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with the subject line “REV UP Internship Question.”
* indicates required information.
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Email address*
- Phone number
- Expected Graduation Year (if you are in school)
- Tell us a little about yourself! (150-200 words)*
- Why are you interested in civic engagement and disability? (150-200 words)*
- What do you want to learn or gain from the internship? (150-200 words)*
- What skills and experience do you bring to this internship? (150-200 words)*
- Reference 1*
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Reference 2*
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number