Disability Voting Rights WeekJoin us September 11-15, 2023 to make sure disabled voters in your community are registered and ready to vote.
What is Disability Voting Rights Week?
There are over 38 million people with disabilities who are eligible to vote, but access barriers keep many disabled voters from accessing their right to vote. Disability Voting Rights Week is all about protecting the rights of people with disabilities to participate fully in our democracy.
Disability Voting Rights used to be called “National Disability Voter Registration Week” and is hosted by the American Association of People with Disabilities’ REV UP Voting Campaign.
Get Involved in Disability Voting Rights Week
- Host a Voter Registration or Education Event.
- Activate your Social Media.
- Organize a candidate town hall on disability.
- Write an op-ed for your local newspaper.
- Partner with other disability and voting rights organizations.
- Ask your local government leaders to issue a proclamation for Disability Voting Rights Week.
Stay tuned for more information about how to sign up as a partner for Disability Voting Rights Week 2023.