Learn More About the Candidate…
Disability Rights Action HERE and the full white paper is HERE. The policy platform includes:
- End the subminimum wage.
- Make inclusive education a national expectation and fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Act.
- Eliminate the “benefit cliff” for Social Security Disability Insurance and update critical Supplemental Security Income thresholds.
- Ensure that people with disabilities can receive long-term care in their home and community.
- Make the voting process and polling places accessible to everyone.
- Develop an Accessible Technology Bill of Rights.
Powerful message of inclusion for people of all abilities and diagnoses as @chrisulmer shares his work with our community at @LOGANCenter’s Nose-On Luncheon. Inspiring reminder that everyone has a story to share! https://t.co/Tv0C8LIPDO
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) March 19, 2019
But in the 2000s some states began violating the spirit and intention of the act — aggressively purging voter rolls, failing to register voters in communities of color, and ignoring accommodation requirements for the disabled. https://t.co/gMvx0GvwJ7
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) May 26, 2019
Disabled students are twice as likely to be expelled and are more likely to be referred to the police, putting them in the same school-to-prison pipeline that ensnares students of color. Our kids deserve accommodation, not incarceration.https://t.co/LAoCl6YEwu
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) May 24, 2019
Delighted for you to join our talented and fast-growing team! https://t.co/9OjZWhrIHt
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) April 25, 2019