Organizers Forum: Women, Gender, Sexism, and the Disability Rights Movement
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern; 12:00-1:00 Central; 11:00-12:00 Mountain; 10:00-11:00 Pacific
- Call-in: 1-515-739-1285, passcode 521847#
- Join the meeting online
In honor of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, the March Organizers Forum will be about women, gender and sexism in the disability community. We’ll talk about how to make disability spaces feminist spaces, how to address the leadership gap for women (and non-binary people) in the disability community, and intersectional feminism. Speakers to be announced.
Accommodations & CART:
- The call will have real-time captioning (CART) at: https://2020archive.1capapp.com/event/forum/.
- No username and password needed, when you log on at the time of the call.
- To ask questions via CART: Sign-in to the chat function on the right side of the transcript and type your question. One of the call facilitators will read questions posted there.
- Because we want to maximize the generously donated CART services, we will begin the call promptly at 1:00 p.m. and end the call promptly at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.
- Thank you to the National Disability Leadership Alliance for sponsoring the captioning of this call.
- If you need additional accommodations to participate in the call, please let us know as soon as possible.
Mark your calendars! The Organizer’s Forum has a call on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern.
Background: The Organizing Workgroup of the National Disability Leadership Alliance hosts these calls the third Tuesday of every month as a resource for disability organizers, in an effort toward building the organizing capacity of the disability community across the country. They generally follow the format of a Welcome followed by 2-3 experts in a given area speaking for a few minutes on their experiences, advice and challenges. The calls include a 20-30 minute question and answer period.